Upgrade 5.7.3 -> 184.108.40.206 problems
I ran into some troubles upgrading an old testing site. Maybe someone else encounters the same problem, so here's what I found for future reference.
There were a few problems stacking up and interfering.
- the server ran out of memory when downloading and unzipping a new version, therefore, the /tmp was rerouted resulting in new problems with session writing.
- 'is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(dev/shm/) is not within the allowed path(s)' error
- databases error's occured due to unfinished installs or server problems
concrete5 github: #2581, #520
Here's what did work in the end:
- don't upgrade with the build in tools (concrete5, installatron), but do a manual upgrade
- write sessions to database instead of files. (to trick the dev/shm/ error). Add to /application/config/concrete.php:
return array( 'session' => array( 'handler' => 'database' ) );
3. normal manual upgrade according to http://documentation.concrete5.org/tutorials/how-t...
Mar 1, 2016, 4:42 PM
Dec 7, 2015, 4:36 PM
Jul 8, 2015, 3:36 PM
May 9, 2015, 3:43 PM